“…the first and most important rule for taking control in a stressful situation is this: get yourself under control first…” says author, psychiatrist and hostage negotiator, Mark Goulston. How often, in the midst of a interpersonal conversation at work, have you felt trapped by another’s resistance, fear, hostility or apathy? Learning how to monitor your emotional temperature enables you (more often than not) to reduce the emotional intensity of the conversation; and to refocus it on the issue rather than the emotion.
WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO?
• Consider your current interpersonal conversation results from an expanded perspective;
• Interact with diverse individuals seeking, like you, to become more effective problem-solvers, contributors and leaders.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As a result of participating in this session you will be able to:
• Engage in conversations about the results of your interpersonal interactions at work.
• Discuss Emotional Resilience and its influence on the way in which others respond to you.
• Select from 1 to 2 immediately applicable concepts or tools to fine-tune your Emotional Resilience.
Friday, October 27, 2017
8:30 – 10:30 a.m.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Fill out the form below to register for this workshop.
– FEE: $75.00/person or 25% off for 3 or more = $56.25/person
– DEADLINE: Friday, 10/20/17
(This workshop is also being offered on December 1st.)
– Pay by credit card request a PayPal invoice from email@example.com.
(Invoice includes a PayPal processing fee of 2.9% + $.30/transaction)
– Pay by check – please mail it to:
Springboard Northwest, 336 Main Street – Apt 1, Springfield, OR 97477